The best way to build your email list is still the ethical bribe. Market your giveaway instead of marketing your newsletter. I’ve made the mistake of marketing my newsletter alone. Think about it. Who wants more email? But that ebook or tool you’re giving away is enough for people to take the time to get to know you.
So how do you let people know about your amazing give away? Here are 5 ways you can work into your newsletter marketing.
1. Include a “Share with a Friend” button and “Subscribe” button on your newsletter.
2. Social Networks – send out tweets. There are many services you can automate this with.
3. Hold a contest – give something away niche specific to someone on your list. Make it valuable and promote it.
4. Article Marketing – write about your niche and submit it to quality article sites like EzineArticles.com in the footer include a link to the landing page for your giveaway.
5. Pay Per Click Ads – Google is forever giving away coupons. If you get free money and are wondering what to do with it, try marketing your give away with it. Remember to us headlines that are irresistible.
Consistent effort over time is how you build relationships with your newsletter. And try not to worry when someone unsubscribes. Don’t take it personally. Realize they aren’t the ones who are going to be promoting or purchasing your products.